Friday, October 5, 2007

"Your Day Is Going to Get A Whole Lot Better"




Those were the words Charlie spoke to me around 11:15am this morning. He called me at work and said "how's your day going?"....I said "uh, um..OK"....he said "your day is going to get a whole lot better"....then he told me that he was on his way to pick me up and we were going to Dillon for lunch. What? Oh my...this couldn't be happening. Yep...it was happening. Rebecca (our social worker) called him and told him that they had a referral for us.




It took us FOREVER to go about 5 miles to the Dillon office. We sat down with Katie in the conference room and she began going over the referral paperwork. It just seemed so surreal. So much different than Ian's referral day. We looked over the information and we knew that he was our son.




Then the moment came. The moment when we first saw a glimpse of his sweet little face. I knew the moment I saw him that I was looking at the face of my son. He's so cute. He almost 3 months old. He was born on July 10th in the province of Ninh Thuan. We'll name him Drew Austin Quang Conner.




Now the wait begins. Hopefully we'll be on the short end of the 3-6 month wait, but anything can happen.




It's been an amazing day and we are so, so thankful for the new blessing that God brought into our lives today.


Charlie was right....my day was GREAT!!!





25 comments:

Leigh said...

He's precious! So tiny and I love the boxing gloves. Hehe!

What a great day!! Congratulations!

Roxanne said...

Nadra and Charlie,

He is so beautiful! And, wow, that was so quick! Hopefully the rest of the process goes just as smoothly.

The Labontes said...

What a sweet little boy! Congratulations to all of you. I hope the process continues to move this quickly.

Kristy
(Max's Mom)

Julie said...

I am so excited for you. What a wonderful gift.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel and Jamie said...

He's just precious! Ninh Thuan is such a beautiful place. Y'all will love it there. Here's to hoping for a speedy paperwork process in Vietnam!

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

Oh, Happy Day! Drew's a doll, and Ian must be over the moon! You'll have to tell us the story about telling him! :)

Dan and Elisabeth said...

What a sweet picture. I am so happy for you!

Sheri said...

He is so precious! I am so excited to follow your journey!
Drew is a very lucky little boy!
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's so sweet. Hope all goes quickly for you.

JoanP

Ruth said...

Another Ninh Thuan family ;)! he's precious! What wonderful news.

Heather M. said...

Congrats on the referral of your baby boy. I hope his paperwork flies through & you're traveling before you know it. Let the fun begin!!!

Heather M.
(Blake & Bryce's Mom & Waiting for referral)

Anonymous said...

Nadra!
He is so precious!!!! Such a cutie!
I am so happy for you.A big congrats from the Ray family.Praying everything goes as quickly as possible with no holdups!
Leveta

Jessica said...

CONGRATS!!! He is beautiful! I will be praying that your wait is short and sweet!

Kristi W. said...

Drew is so scrumptious!!! Those eyes, those lips, so yummy!!! I hope you get to kiss him and squeeze him soon!

Kristi (Daya's mama)

Kim said...

Congratulations...he is adorable!

Julie & Patrick said...

Just found your new blog! Drew is adorable.

Congratulations! to the whole family and especially to Ian for becoming a big brother!

Yeah! Hooray!

Julie
(Devi's mome)

Willis said...

Isn't God amazing! I love to see how He unfolds the plan and places families together though they're half a world apart. It is so cool that he is from Ninh Thuan. That is where Rocco is from, and we are talking about going to India next.
Love, Heather

Beth said...

Charlie, Nadra and Ian,

Congratulations!! He is darling! We'll be praying that all goes smoothly and that he's in your arms soon!

Dianna said...

Nadra, he's beautiful! I love his long toes and those gorgeous eyes. Congratulations!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations on your beautiful son.

angie tucker said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats! He's just so handsome!

We love you guys - congrats again!

Angie, Dustin, Mia & Emy

Erin said...

He is just so beautiful, Nadra. Congratulations to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Wow--how exciting--I love his name. Tell Ian to get prepared; he's going to love having a playmate!!
Congratulations! Can't wait to see him in person.
It'll be an awesome 2008 for all of you.
Marcia, Bill and Amanda!!!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Oh, he is just soooo sweet! Congratulations! I hope your paperwork moves quickly! Our little Sophie Le is from NT too, I just loved it there!

Amy

Kathy said...

I'm a little late -- but congratulations! He is adorable! Here's to speedy travels