Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Same But Different

Going through the process to adopt our second child seems much different than before. We're doing much of the same paperwork, the same steps (so to speak)...but it just feels "different". Charlie and I have talked about it and it's kind of hard to put your finger on. I suppose part of it is because we already have a wonderful son, Ian. While I'm just as motivated to get all of the paperwork done...yesterday....I'm not as "frantic". That's probably a good thing. Frantic behavior and a 2 year old probably don't mix well. I still have lots of questions and before we even finish our home study, I've been emailing Jynger and Katie (from Dillon) with lists of questions each week. Jynger went through this process with me when we adopted Ian...so she knows that I ask lots of questions and communicate with them VERY often. So, obviously some things are the same...my questions and my impatience.

Four Dillon families have had their G & R in Vietnam. Their boys are so, so cute and they all look so very happy. Hopefully that will be us one day soon.

Today another Dillon family received a referral of a little boy born in December 2006. It's been an exciting week on the Dillon Forum.

No comments: