Monday, June 4, 2007

Nothing New

I'm a little down today. I was sure that we'd be further along than this by now. After all, it's our second adoption with the same agency. It seems there are a lot of people in the same stage as us right now and it's taking a little longer to get our home study completed (typed) than I had anticipated. Plus, Rebecca leaves for China tomorrow for a Birth Land tour with 5 families. So, I'm not anticipating it to be completed now until after she returns. Completely out of my control....the way the whole adoption process is.

On a happier note in the world of Vietnam adoption, several families have received their Provincial Approval and are now waiting on the G & R date. They'll be travelling very soon. Congratulations to the parents of Beckett, Avery and Loston!!!!!

Jynger is in Vietnam now. She has been there for about a week and is scheduled back in the office next week. Hopefully she'll bring lots of good news (translated...referrals) with her. There are lots of families that have been waiting for many months to receive their referrals. I'm praying that there's movement soon on the waiting list.

Moving on now...I'm finished with my mini pity party for tonight.

5 comments:

Willis said...

That was my least favorite part about the adoption process. . . being out of control. Praying you hear good news soon!

Heather in SC (Rocco's mom)

Julie said...

Hang in there. I bet you will have some good news in the next few days.

Dianna said...

Oh shoot, I love pity parties! I should have checked your blog earlier. I could have brought my fuzzy slippers and some ice cream over :)

I HATE the lack of control in adoption land. It drives me nuts to not be able to do anything useful. I hope Rebecca is back soon, your homestudy is in your hot little hands, and you're off to be fingerprinted before you know it!

Scott and Leslie said...

Hang in there! I am praying that Jynger brings news back with her!

Pam said...

nnnnnb--This was Micah's contribution. I think that translates into, he hopes you get things going faster soon! He knows how much he wants a sibling...he wants Ian to have one soon!
Seriously, hang in there friend. It will happen soon....(haven't we been down this road once before together? LOL)
Love you tons!
Pam