Sunday, June 24, 2007

Vietnam Family Day

Yesterday we attended the Vietnam Family Day hosted by our adoption agency. We were amazed. There were so many people there. It was much different than India Camp. I was expecting a fairly large group...but it was crazy. We only stayed about an hour. It was nap time for Ian and he was cranky, cranky, cranky. He was asleep in the car about a block in to the drive home. We were able to see so many cute, cute kiddos. I didn't get to talk to as many people as I wanted to...but I recognized lots of faces from their blogs.

Ian had a pretty good time. I was quite surprised that he didn't want to play in the balls...but he wanted nothing to do with it. He was interested in the car, truck and boat....until we put the quarter in and it started. Then he was a little afraid. He got this shocked look on his face and started saying "up peese...up peese." He didn't want to get in them again.

We met up with another couple that we attended the Adopting Again workshop with. Al and Chris are just a little ahead of us in the process. They live in the Tulsa area and we're hopeful that we continue through this journey together.

I didn't know how I'd react after going to this event. Since we're still so far away from actually getting our baby. But...it got me all excited again. I saw so many cute kiddos and so many happy families that it made me ready to tackle anything to get to our baby.

Get ready Vietnam....here we come!!!!

2 comments:

Daniel and Jamie said...

I was disappointed that I didn't get to meet you face to face. I'm glad that y'all had a great time! Hopefully we'll get to meet soon.

Pam said...

That's the spirit Nadra! Your other posts have been down, I've been wondering how you are really doing. Your new posts sounds like the Nadra I know and love!
Hugs friend!
Pam