Monday, July 9, 2007

I Stopped Counting

Last week was such an exciting week for the waiting Dillon families. I stopped counting after 6 babies had been matched with their forever family. Not really...but I may have lost count. I think....think...there were 11 referrals last week. Maybe even 12...but I'm not sure. That's HUGE. Now, we're probably in for a "dry spell". But that just means that our children are not ready for us yet and they will be revealed to us in God's perfect timing (I must keep telling myself that). Charlie and I had a date night on Saturday and looked at each other over dinner and laughed (you know, that nervous little giggle) that this was feeling more "real" now. Not that we ever doubted that it was going to happen, but when you see so many families united (especially ones that are just a couple of weeks ahead of you in the process), it makes it seem much more exciting and..well..."real". We are thrilled for all of the families that received referrals last week and we pray that the remainder of their process moves quickly so that can meet their children very soon.

We are planning on enjoying every minute we can as a family of three. I want to really enjoy the alone time with Ian before our family grows to four.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Our time is definitely coming. I can feel it.

Enjoy your time with Ian because before you know it you will be a family of four.

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

I can't wait for our next wave! Somehow, it seems that there might be a sweet spirit in "our crew" that are looking forward to the next referrals.

I'm loving the way that God has been blessing us with extra special memories with Will lately. I don't know if He is really giving us that gift, or if He gives it to us all the time & we're just finally really paying attention! Hope that you are also being specially blessed in your last times together as a threesome!

Dianna said...

I think you hit the nail on the head about enjoying your time with Ian as a family of three. We have such special memories of our family as just three. Of course, things just get better when you become four and we're hoping that things don't go downhill when you become five *lol*

Pam said...

Not being able to count referrals....now that's a GREAT problem to have. Never happened on the India list, huh? Dry spell about covers it all the time there. Such exciting times! Are you on a waiting list or something now??
Hugs!