Friday, November 23, 2007

Thinking About Next Year

Thanksgiving was wonderful this year. But, I couldn't help thinking about next year. What will it be like with 2 little boys running around?

I'm missing my boy today. Ian is doing a great job of keeping mommy occupied, but my mind often drifts to Vietnam and thoughts of our little guy waiting there for us. What did he do today? It's too early for me to be missing him. We still have along wait ahead of us.

Baby Drew....mommy, daddy and Ian love you very much. We can't wait until you're home with us. Hopefully soon we'll be on our way to meet you and bring you home.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Baby Drew:

We are all thinking aboutyou and can't wait to see you in your Mommy's arms very soon.

Jessica said...

No, it's not too early to miss him. This was a very BITTERsweet Thanksgiving for us too.

Laura said...

I understand how hard it can be to keep your mind from drifting to Vietnam, even with another little one to cherish. It just means you're a mommy, and what mommy really can bear being away from any of their babies for very long? I'll pray that your paperwork speeds its way to a pre-Tet travel date for you!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Last year my mind drifted so much during this time becuase my sweet baby boy was waiting for me half way around the world, and now this year he is with us! Next year will be a great year for your family. :)