Monday, December 3, 2007

In Need Of Some Good News

I'm stressing over the silliest things lately. Maybe not the silliest, but things that I have no control over. We filed our I-600 on October 26th and it was delivered to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City on October 29th. Several other families from our agency have received an email notification, from the US Consulates office, that their package was received and in some cases requesting additional information. To date, we have not received that email. I'm a little worried about that. I've talked to Jynger about it and she assures me that not all families received something from the Consulate's office. I trust her completely. But, I'm seeing on other discussion boards that several families have received their I-600 approval...all after receiving the initial email acknowledging receipt of their package. So....now I'm really concerned. I know I shouldn't be. There are many families ahead of us that need to get their I-600 before we do because they are much closer to receiving their travel date. But....that doesn't make me feel a whole lot better at the moment. I just need to know that they truly do have our paperwork and it is being worked on.

The big summit meeting was held in Washington, DC last week regarding the future of Vietnam adoptions. From everything I'm reading, it sounds like things went well...but again....we don't know yet. I know Jynger and Katie are swamped this week...but I think we all need to hear some news. We're all hanging by a thread right now.

Drew will be 5 months old next Monday. It's only been 2 months since our referral. But...I really want my baby. I know it's going to happen and I know that God is in complete control of it. But...this human heart that He gave me is longing to hold my son.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some news...preferably good news.

5 comments:

lori said...

I know how you feel - our babies need to come home!! Hopefully Jessica's good news will be the start of good news for all...
Hang in there!
Lori

Unknown said...

I"m with you! I want some I-600 news too! Kade will be six months tomorrow and we got his referral five months ago last Sunday! I"m tired of seeing him grow in picutres. Maybe we will travel together soon.
Shelly C

Julie said...

This week has to bring some good news. Here's to keeping fingers crossed that by Friday we will all be ready to have a big party to celebrate!!!

Daniel and Jamie said...

Nadra - I'm praying that you get great news soon!

Willis said...

Your feelings are totally natural, but I know all of your paperwork is just fine. I remember back in Jan. when other families were hearing word of their Visa's and G & Rs (and I was right behind them time wise), I worried too when I heard nothing. It all worked out, and we all traveled together. Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean the process isn't moving forward. Hang in there!

Heather (Rocco's mommy)