Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Little Good News

Today brought some good news for several Dillon families. At least 3 families are leaving next Monday to pick up their sweet little ones in Ninh Thuan. They will hopefully be able to get some pictures of Drew for us since he's in the same orphanage. We're hoping and praying for those families because their I-600's have not been approved yet. I'm confident that it is going to be fine and these families will be able to travel and have their babies in their arms before Christmas.

I had a nice, long conversation with Jynger this morning. I must tell you how wonderful I think she is. Even though she didn't give us any real news, she made me feel better. Just talking through the thoughts racing through my head with her calmed me. I'm still not giving up on a January travel date...a girl can dream and pray, right? Still no word from the Consulate's office...which is frustrating beyond belief. But after talking with Jynger, I'm not as worried as I was yesterday. She's hoping we'll have an update by the end of this week on our paperwork.

The big Summit meeting last week seemed to have produced many positive things. It's not a lot of "clear" information, but I think things are moving in the right direction. There have been so many horror stories out there recently of families traveling to Vietnam to bring home their little ones, only to be denied. There are two provinces in Vietnam that have currently been shut down...fortunately Dillon does not work in either of those provinces. We are so fortunate that Dillon is such an above board and ethical agency.

Also today, my blogging pal Julie and her husband Chris received their referral. Bennett is in the same orphanage as Drew. He's about 5 weeks younger than Drew. I'm so thrilled for them. There were also several other referrals today, but I don't know what families yet. But...congratulations to all who received referrals today.

I'm still yearning to hold my baby. Still want to kiss his sweet little cheeks. Still want to whisper in his little ear just how much his mommy loves him. But for now....I'll take a deep breath and hope for more great news as the week goes on.

3 comments:

Julie said...

January sounds like a fabulous month to travel. Now we just need to get those wheels in motion to make it happen. But for now Drew & Bennett can hang out together.

Daniel and Jamie said...

Nadra - So glad that you feel better about things. I'm really hoping you get an update on your paperwork soon.

Dianna said...

Nadra, Aren't we lucky to have Jynger? That poor thing had the phone stuck to her ear the last few weeks before I traveled. Who am I kidding... for our entire adoption process! Every time I talked to her, I had peace. I hope Drew is home ever so soon!