Monday, March 3, 2008

What A Day

It's Monday...a cold rainy Monday. That's enough...but no...it got worse. This whole I-600 nightmare is still not resolved. There's much confusion at the Embassy in Vietnam, which in turn causes lots of confusion for the waiting families. BUT....I think everything is going to be fine. We're not at a point, where we're actually missing document yet...since we're not on Step 8 yet. Once that step is completed, any missing document can be forwarded to the Embassy. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's just part of the process. It's just been one of those days when it seemed like the sky was truly falling.

We did get our travel packet today. Not that it means anything really positive at this moment...but it's giving me something to focus on.

I'm praying that God will guide the folks at the Embassy and help them get organized. I also pray that Jynger (who is in Vietnam right now) can get some clear answers.

How do you miss a baby you've never met? It's funny to think about it that way...but I miss my baby boy. This mommy needs her baby boy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo right there with you. We're waiting (and waiting)for I-600 approval and it is proving to be the most stressful part thus far. I miss my son all the time, and it seems government agencies aren't making it any easier for us or our kids.
Hang in there. It's all we can do.

Bob said...

Yes, what a day. I know I've been through the ringer. I hope things speed along for you and you don't get any more weirdos (like me!) causing you unnecessary worry!
Carla C

Nicki said...

I do understand how you miss a baby you've never met and have not come up with a way to make it easy. To top it off our 4 yo daughter wakes up every morning "I want to get my baby brother" and doesn't understand about the wait. Hang in there. Soon this will be a distant memory.

Nicole - waiting for Vinh in NT

The Labontes said...

Nadra,
I remember so clearly missing the baby I'd never met. We'll pray that they clear up the process and that you can hold dear little Drew soon.

Kristy
(Max Rup's Mom)

Julie said...

It's not called Manic Monday for nothing. Let's hope with Jynger in Vietnam she can get a handle on the paperwork problems.

And I know what you mean about missing a baby you haven't met yet. That's the hardest part about this process.

Kathy said...

I came across this quote yesterday and it explains how you miss Drew--

"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

Jessica said...

I know what you mean. Before Emaline came home we asked the same question "how do you miss some one you have never met?"

Now, I miss her when she has been napping for over an hour lol.

I am praying you get to bring Drew home really soon. He seemed like such a sweet little baby.

Unknown said...

I hope all this crazy paperwork is taken care of quickly you have been so upbeat and that is hard when you get no news. praying we will all be in NT soon.
Stormy

Heather M. said...

I hope the wait & stress ends soon for you & your family as well as others tangled up in the paperwork. Maybe Jynger can pull a miracle out of her hat!

Heather M.
Missing Caleigh whom I've never met! :)