Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pouty Party

I'm kinda bummed. We received our "Waiting Families" letter today from Katie (at Dillon). The letter was fine, but for some reason it just made me sad. Partly because they are doing away with the number system on the waiting list. For example, when we went on the waiting list for the India program, we were #6 on the list. Now, all we'll know is that we're on the waiting list. I know it doesn't matter what number we are, when the OUR child is referred...we'll get him. But...it was good to know how many people were ahead of you. Oh well...I'll get through this pouty day.

6 comments:

Leigh said...

You know, I felt the same way. I've never thought of the wait as a race, I just liked having perspective of when it would be our "turn". I'm glad to know I'm not the only one...

Peace...

Julie said...

I think we all were in for a shock when we received that letter. The 6-9 month wait about gave me a stroke.

We're getting there and just have to stick together to keep a spirits going.

Pam said...

BOO! We lived & died by the numbers sooo not cool!
Feel better friend!

Jessica said...

As Is aid one someone elses blog, you all need to complain abotu this. They will probably listen too. Let them know that having a number just lets you know the referral is coming and you totally understand that sometimes family 4 is ok with a special need that maybe 1,2,and 3 are not. This also takes away any accountablility and even though I know e all trust Dillont here still needs to be some sort of accountability if only for your own sanity.

The Labontes said...

Ugh, this process is so unpredicatable to begin with, and then, the only perspective you have is taken away. I hope they go back. Take care, Nadra

Kristy
(waiting for Max's legals - I also hate that they don't give us our court date)

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

I spoke to Jynger yesterday, and I feel so much better about things since I did. Give her a call - she can probably help you out a lot too. We're gonna see our boys soon! :)