Friday, February 15, 2008

Losing My Mind

OK...it's official...I'm losing my mind. I didn't expect to hear an update this week, so I'm not so sure why I'm so bummed. But, I am. I am just so ready to get Drew.

I'm worried that something is wrong. I know that's probably not the case, but without an update in nearly 120 days...I'm a little worried. We're told to expect to travel 3-6 months after our log in date. 6 months would be April...so I guess I need to start preparing myself for that. But...right now...I just can't even think about it. It just makes me so sad.

Sunday will be our 2nd Gotcha Day with Ian. We left for India on Valentine's Day 2006. Ian will always be my special valentine. Of course, thinking about how wonderful it was to get Ian 2 years ago, is making me want Drew even more. It's been a very teary and emotional day.

Please pray that we get some sort of update next week.

7 comments:

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Nadra, I completely understand your pain. We traveled 6 months and 9 days after our referral. We also waited a very long time between updates but then the last few steps happened within a week and we were on our way. I just know you'll hear something soon!

Amanda said...

Nadra,
Hold onto the hope. The day will come soon and God has a great plan. I know it is hard. I always tend to use retail therapy when I get lonely missing my baby. Of course, by the time Ananya got home she had enough clothes for 4 kids and we only have about 20 sweaters to choose from. I'll be praying for your sanity and that everyone who touches Drew's papers to feel God's hand pushing them to hurry.

Heather M. said...

I do pray each & every day & check your blog hoping for good news! I'm sure that TET really set you back a couple of weeks, so maybe next week things will start moving again in Vietnam. It won't be long now...are you packing & re-packing yet??? I think I packed at least 5 times before we traveled!
Thinking of You Guys!
Heather M.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Sound like you maybe having happen to you what happened to us. I hope not. I am praying you hear something really soon!

Julie said...

This really is the tough part. You HAVE to get some news next week. I don't have any magic words but know you are all in my thoughts and hoping for some good news very soon.

Give Ian an extra hug.

Beth said...

Praying for you guys. The wait is so hard. I hope you're able to travel soon!!

Things are looking very scary for us in Haiti. UNICEF is there trying to impose new adoption laws that are not good. We could be waiting another year. :o(

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for updates with you! This month has been paaaiiinful. I know we will get good news soon. All we can do is hang in there! Thinking of you.