Thursday, June 5, 2008

8 Months & Growing

Sounds like a weird title for a post, but let me explain.

Today, June 5th, marks 8 MONTHS SINCE WE FIRST SAW DREW'S SWEET FACE!!! Unbelievable. 8 months and we're still waiting. 8 months of staring at the 4 pictures we've received of our sweet baby and longing to hop on an airplane and go get him. To say it's hard is an understatement. To say it's irritating is an understatement. Surprised that we've waited this long after referral doesn't even begin to describe it. But....there is absolutely nothing we can do at this point. So...we wait some more. I have to keep telling myself, "it's not going to be as long as it has been".

Growing.....well, it doesn't mean my patience is growing. Nope. Not happening.

What it does mean is that Drew is growing. We received our monthly height and weight update today. He's up to 19.8 pounds and.....29 inches tall. Can we say big baby? I'm still never certain that those measurements are correct....but I'm sure they're not off by much. Compared to Ian, he's really big. Ian, at 3 years old, is 29 pounds and 3 feet tall. If we don't get to travel soon, my one year old is going to be bigger than my 3 year old :)

Speaking of....unless a miracle happens....and I believe it can.....we will be missing Drew's first birthday. He turns 11 months old next Tuesday, June 10th. I'm still praying.

13 comments:

Dianna said...

I believe miracles can happen, too. That baby boy needs to be home to celebrate his birthday with his mama!

Jessica said...

Miracles Happen! I will keep on praying for you to get a birthday miracle.

I have figured it out. Can Tho babies have the hair and Ninh Thuan babies have the size, lol. Drew is a month younger than my Emaline and he is the same size. Emaline will be 1 on the 8th.

Julie said...

I'm holding out hope that birthday miracle will happen for you guys.

Heather M. said...

Keep up the Hope! Maybe the Embassy will be in the mood to hand out some more Pre-Approvals next week! June/July travel is definately a possiblity!

Heather M.
Waiting to Travel for Caleigh

The Hills said...

Nadra,
We are praying for you. Baby Drew needs his mom!
Meanwhile, we have been at step 7 for over a month! Remembering when you went thru this as well.
Let's get these NT babies home!
In Him who loved us first,
Scarlett

Kristi W. said...

This is such a hard part of the adoption process. We had a 10 month wait for Daya after her referral. It was agonizing. But you are almost there. Hang in! You know from experience that once that sweet boy is in your arms, all of the agony is melted away. I'm praying for your miracle!

Kristi W.

lori said...

Keep hanging in there Nadra. I just can't imagine that we could have much longer to wait....that birthday is definetely a possibility!!

Leigh said...

Keep praying, keep believing...your day is coming. I'm sorry it has taken so long, but one day (like Paula today), you'll wake up in the country of your son's birth and everything will fall into place.

Can that just be tomorrow???!!!

Pam said...

Praying for your Miracle, Nadra.

Cindy said...

Hang in there!! It's gonna happen!!

Sending prayers and hope to you!!

Kathy said...

Oh Nadra! Meredith and I were talking about you at her shower this weekend and saying you absolutely HAVE to be next! I didn't realize it was 8 months. For some reason I thought it was 6 months. I don't know how you are handling it! For size, Adam is 26 months, 31 inches and 21 pounds! LOL! If it weren't for the length, he would wear size 12 months in everything! So that should give you a guide to buying for Drew! Sending you all good thoughts and wishing it were chocolate! LOL!

Laura said...

Oh Nadra, this has just been way too long! I can't begin to imagine your agony waiting for that sweet boy. I'll continue to pray that God will give you peace AND a G&R!

Dianne said...

Praying that you hear something soon.