Thursday, April 3, 2008

Growing

We received a height and weight update this evening. Drew is now up to 18.3 pounds. He is almost 9 months old and he weighs what Ian did when we got home with him (he was 11 months old). Of course I don't fully trust the weight....but he does look a little chunky in his pictures. He has been sick though. The report said that he has had the flu....due to unseasonal temperature changes. He just needs his mommy.

There's a LOT going on right now in the Vietnam adoption world. Too much to really go into here. It's insane and irritating and the folks causing all of this confusion are not the Vietnamese....IT'S OUR OWN GOVERNMENT!!! That's the part that makes me crazy.

On Sunday, Deron preached on Matthew 6:25-34...Do Not Worry. How timely was that sermon? Deron encouraged all of us to be obedient to God's command...but to be prepared. When we give it up and say "OK, God...that's it....I'm not going to worry...be prepared for God to "test" you." Geesh...did that ever happen this week? I'm doing my best to be obedient...and actually as unsettling as this week has been...I'm not in my usual frenzied worry mode. Don't get me wrong...worry is trying it's best to creep in...but I just repeat simple prayer..."Jesus have mercy on me" many times and right now it's working. God is getting me through this because this is HIS plan. He never says that it's going to be easy, but what He does say is that He will not forsake us. Thank you God for being a God of love and mercy.

For all of my adoption buddies out there...we are praying ferverntly for this situation to be resolved. I'm standing on the promise of God's faithfulness and love. Stay strong my friends!!!

Drew...you are so loved and we pray for you daily. It's about 11am in Vietnam right now and I hope at this very moment someone is giving you a sweet hug. It won't be long until I'm giving you those hugs sweet boy. Mommy, Daddy and Ian can't wait until you're home with us.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Hold on Drew. Your Momma is trying to get there as fast as she can.

ElizabethR said...

Thank you for sharing. I too constantly have to give it to God. Sometimes I fail, sometimes I don’t. The DNA was such a punch in the gut for us. I’m glad to know this was not a surprise to Him!!

Betsy waiting for Caleb in Can Tho

Willis said...

I have no doubt God is surrounding your Drew with nannies that love on him. I know His own angels stand watch over him, too.

Heather (Rocco's mom)

Heather M. said...

Oh, I'm hoping the long wait for travel ends soon for you guys! It is good to hear that he is growing! :) Maybe next week will bring better news. It's all up & down isn't it....
Heather M.

Leigh said...

Hang in there! I know this has been a terribly difficult wait for your family. I pray "your time" will come quickly and that you'll be united as a family of four soon!

Take Care!

Kathy said...

18 pounds! What a big beautiful boy! Adam is oly 21 pounds and he'll be two on THursday! LOL!

Are you caught in the DNA testing nightmare or was Drew abandoned?

RPF said...

Two years in the process has been aggrivating. I can't imagine your wait having received a picture. I know the government is trying to do right, but it doesn't seem logical.

Keep the faith. Our thoughts are with you.

Richard, Kristi & Lilli Foster
http://katelinskrossing.blogspot.com/