Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hello From Hanoi


I'm going to keep this short because I'm supposed to be putting clothes away while Charlie and Drew are downstairs in the playroom. But, no....had to blog for just a second.


We're doing great. No more falls for me....hope I didn't just jinx myself. The flight to Hanoi was pretty uneventful. Drew slept the first 45 minutes and then cried for about 20 minutes. But, keep in mind...it was nap time and he was hungry. Of course, I think he's always hungry.


We were sad to leave Ho Chi Minh. It was more difficult that I thought it would be to say goodbye to Phoung. She traveled with us to Ninh Thuan, so we spent much more time with her than the other Dillon staff. One of our favorite road trip memories came on the way to Ninh Thuan. We stopped to eat...and Charlie was trying to eat rice with his chop sticks. Phoung touched my hand and said "tell your husband use his spoon". She even had a friend in Ninh Thuan send us a copy of the newspaper dated July 31st...our GNR date. All of the Dillon staff are great. Minh is fabulous. Walked us through all of the paperwork and got us where we needed to go. Thomas is a hoot....he's so much fun.


Loc met us at the airport in Hanoi. Nice, nice young man. He was very helpful. We love the Somerset Grand Hotel...apartment. It's FABULOUS. I'm doing laundry as I'm blogging. Last night after we checked in the housekeeping supervisor came up to give us a tour of the room and show us how to use the stuff in the room. I thought he brought us something to drink. Charlie gave me some water and I said "isn't there Coke?"...Charlie in his very exasperated voice said "here you go ala-ka-freakin'-zam....it's Coke".


We've gone to the grocery store today and we're just hanging out with our sweet kiddo. Have I mentioned just how cute he is? Well....he is. Our house is so NOT ready for him. Ian was never a child that opened cabinet doors or anything else. Not Drew. He opens them, gets in them, closes them. Anything he can think of...he tries it. The boy loves to eat. He's opening up more and more. He giggles quite a bit and smiles A LOT. But...he also has his moments of frustration....I'm hearing one now in the kitchen. He just closed the door on his finger.


htmgbfvbv (That's from Drew).


Our Visa interview is on Thursday at 1:30pm. His Visa should be ready the same day. But, we're not sure we'll be able to come home earlier. All seats are full on Friday. So, we'll probably keep our stame return schedule.


Couple of things....Susie, Amy, Heather, Shelley and Lori....we delivered the pictures of your kiddos to the nannies. They loved seeing them. They were very excited to see Sadie smile Lori.


I'm missing Ian a lot today. Talked to him earlier. He didn't say much to me, but Marcia said he was just smiling from ear to ear. Can't wait to see him.


Said I was going to keep this short didn't I? Oh well. We're going to venture out tomorrow and go to the Water Puppet show and I'm going to try to find the quilt shop. We'll have Friday free as well and up until about 4pm on Saturday.


I'm laughing at Charlie and Drew again. Drew and Daddy are going to have their fair share of head strong moments.


Love to all of you!!! Can't wait for you to meet our newest blessing.


6 comments:

Pam said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with us Nadra! I check in more than once a day...OCD, I know! ;o) Drew is just a peach! I think you will have your hands more than full with your two boys!! Hee-hee! Can't wait to read all about it!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so enjoying learning about Drew. Sounds like a joy to watch him explore new surroundings. Ian had a great time in his cozy coupe last night and jumping on the trampoline. We have planned a picnic at the splash park tomorrow night with Nicky and Leslie. Should be a blast. Give Drew a hug from Ian; and we are still blowing kisses to you. Today's car is a convertible; but we are still carrying the PT Cruiser around.
XOXOXOXOXO
Bill, Marcia, Amanda and Ian.

Tracy said...

Nadra!
Drew is absolutely adorable!! I love his smile!! It makes me smile everytime I look at him. He sounds like a ball of fun. It makes me anxious to get through the process so I can go get Levi.

Tracy

Grace said...

Hmmmm...tell Charlie that Jesus turned the water into wine, but I didn't know that Charlie could turn water into Coke. Ha!(lol)
Sounds like little Drew is warming up quite nicely, and letting a little personality come shining through. What a cutie deluxe he is!

We are planning on coming to the airport on Sunday morning. Can't wait to see you.

Grace

Kristi W. said...

Love the Drew stories. Sounds like he's warming up quite nicely! It'll be fun to hear all about the Ian and Drew antics when they are finally together! Boys are so much fun!

Unknown said...

Nadra! I have been traveling and finally had a chance to catch up on your blog! YAYAYAYAY! I am SO very happy for you and your beautiful family!! Drew is gorgeous - you all look so happy. :)
Congratulations and good luck with the remainder of your trip and the flight home. Safe travels!
~Amy