Monday, August 25, 2008

A Week Of Firsts











This week was full of firsts. Drew got his first haircut from our good friend Natasha. He did really well. She was so patient with him.

Friday afternoon we had Drew's one year pictures taken. When I get them electronically, I'll post them. He did well...but no big smiles. Only a sweet little, dimply grin.

Friday night we decided to enjoy some watermelon outside. So of course...his clothes had to come off. HE LOVED IT.

We've been home for two weeks and things are starting to feel somewhat normal. I head back to work after this week. While it's going to be hard to leave my new little munchkin, it'll be nice to have some adult interaction.

Drew has his first real appointment with Dr. Sood this Wednesday. That should be fun. He's really a pretty calm little guy, but he can get mad quickly and he's STRONG.

Ian is adjusting to being a big brother...somewhat. Thursday night Drew was running around the house and Ian was on my lap. Ian looked at me and said "you can take him back mommy.....take him back to Bietnam, OK?" I told him that we couldn't because he was our baby and he said "OK". I guess he had to try. On Wednesday morning, Ian woke up before Drew did. He wanted to go "wake baby Drew up" and I told him no. He said "but Mommy, I need to love on him". I didn't want to wake Drew up, but how could I resist that? I did though. In a few minutes he asked again...this time he asked if daddy could lift him into the crib so he could give him a kiss. Charlie did (at my prodding). Drew didn't wake up. BUT...about 10 minutes later I hear "wake up baby....wake up baby....WAKE UP BABY DREW". Baby Drew woke up. He giggled at Ian and then when I walked in the room he started to cry. He has figured his mommy out already.

Loving being a mom to these two boys. Oh, by the way....still debating the name of the new blog...but I'm hoping to get the new one up and running by the end of this week. So, stay tuned.

5 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

How cute,Beitnam,and take him back,Ian just probally was thinking Do I really want to share my mom? Then I guess he thought it would be okay....Gidget

Jill and Andy said...

I will stay tuned-- glad to hear how things have been going! Layne Nhi likes to check in on the new pictures of your little guy! thinking of you guys!!!

Heather M. said...

Cute Pictures & Cute Haircut!! Looks like you guys are getting along just fine! Ian will be a great big brother! It's a big change!!!

Heather M.

Julie said...

I love the watermelon picture. Too cute!!!

Fort Worth Baby Photographer said...

So sweet! What handsome boys you have! Ian is hilarious and what a fantastic big brother he is becoming!