Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's Sunday Morning in Vietnam




It's a beautiful morning. Hot, humid...but beautiful. The only thing I can think of that would make it better is if I could hold and kiss my sweet Ian. But soon...soon.


Did Imention it's HOT. I think it must be about 100 degrees, with 5,000 percent humidity. The evenings are nice though....still humid, but a little cooler. The past two evenings we've had rain.


We've had an interesting couple of days. Drew is fantastic. Coming out of his little shell more and more. He keeps us laughing...and running. I've decided that all of the trash cans in our house now have to change to ones with lids, probably locking lids, on them. No matter where we put them in the hotel room, he finds them. He's quite curious about everything and tries to do anything we're doing.




Yesterday we went to the Market. WOW. Let me say that again...WOW. Talk about sensory overload. Not so much for Drew, but for me. I've never seen anything quite like it. I might have done better if I hadn't had Drew with me. But, we (Drew and I) lasted about half an hour and then took a taxi back to the hotel. Charlie stayed behind and shopped. Drew and I had some great fun in the room. Giggling and playing....and then finally trying to take a nap. Afternoon naps are not our friends. He just doesn't like them. He cries and cries and cries but he's so tired and wipes his little eyes. So, I know he needs a nap. Finally after about an hour he was out. Charlie showed me all of the cool stuff he purchased.




Then, I went shopping. Found some lovely little shops on the streets. Some with beautiful hand embroidered stuff. I found a great store of Ao Dai's and I'm having one made for me. I can pick it up tomorrow morning. Did a little more shopping and then headed back to the room.




Drew was still asleep. When we woke up, we changed and then headed out for dinner. We were going to try to find the Wild Horse something or other place...but we never did. We found a bookstore with some great children's books. Then we found KFC...so we had dinner. Drew ate almost all of my mashed potatoes. This boy LOVES to eat.




I think this is the trip of the Nadra mis-haps. Day one...fell getting out of the shower. Last night...fell again in the bookstore. Imagine this big American woman lying in the small isle of a bookstore. I had so hoped no one saw me...but no....this sweet little Vietnamese young lady ran to my rescue. I'm fine...bruises on my behind (from the shower fall) and on my lower left leg...but fine. I'm sitting here laughing as I'm typing this...clumsy should have been my middle name.




All in all, this has been a great trip. We're going to try to do a little more sight seeing today....I promise...I'll be careful. Then, we're having dinner with the Dillon staff tonight.




It's been a long journey to get here and God has blessed us more than we ever deserve. It's Sunday morning here and I feel like I should be in church. I'd love to be listening to Bobby H. singing and Deron preaching right now.




We leave for Hanoi tomorrow. We have one official thing to do there and then we're done. Woo, hoo!!!!




Ian....mommy, daddy and baby Drew are coming home soon. We miss you so much. You are going to have so much fun playing with your baby brother. We can't wait to see you. Hugs and big kisses from mommy and daddy!!!




18 comments:

lori said...

GREAT photos! Drew is so cute, and he sure has one happy daddy! Glad you are almost off to Hanoi...you will be with Ian very soon and the whole family will be together. Incredible. (Now stop falling down!! :))
xxoo

Cindy said...

I love reading your posts. I like the fact that you find humor in your mishaps....you sound alot like me and my sister!!

I still can't wait to see you all together with Ian and thanks for the pics, they are GREAT!.

Love and prayers.

Pam said...

Nadra!
You sound just like me! I fall and hurt myself at every opportunity. I think I would have died falling in the bookstore like that! Way to go you for being able to laugh it off! ;o)
Drew is adorable, and I can't wait to see the two of them together!

Jessica said...

WOW! Drew is such a cutie! he seems to happy too!

I know what you mean about the garbage cans. We are dealing with a little dumpster diver here too.

Isn't that KFC in Saigon like the BEST KFC EVER!!! I so wish they were that good here.

Julie said...

That's a wicked little smile he has. Hee Hee!

Susie said...

Hey Nadra. wish i could shop for you!!! I love shopping at the market! Little Drew is so cute...got that round Ninh Thuan face...he actually reminds me of Erin's little Selah, but he sure is a cutie!Glad you're enjoying Vietnam! I traveled in July with Hannah, so I know of the heat! Maybe hanoi will be cooler! enjoy the rest of the trip! By the way, you didn't happen to get Ella's photo book to deliver did you? Susie

Deb said...

to my BFITWWW...your middle name is and has always been the same as mine "Klutz" I am so happy that you are happy and Drew looks like the handful you say he is...hope to talk to you once you get back and things (haha) quiet down!!

Love you

YBFITWWW...me

Nicki said...

You sound like you are doing great!
klutziness and all. I am right there with you as I walked into the door jam in my own house today. One big bruise coming up. And by any chance, is Joseph in that suitcase with Drew?

Thank you for your wonderful posts.
Nicki

The Hills said...

Nadra,

Enjoying reading your blog! The pictures are great! Drew is such a handsome boy!! Those dimples!! He looks so Happy!!.....Be careful..lol

Love ya,
Scarlett

Dianne said...

I love seeing the pictures, he is so cute. I love following people on their trips to Vietnam.

Anonymous said...

Nadra:
Drew is just SO cute and I love his happy face.He and Ian will have such fun together.I am so happy for you all.
Leveta

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted on your adventures. With your bruizes you can look at it as bringing souveniors home. (Ha Ha) Thanks for keeping us updated. I love reading your blogs and seeing your pictures.

Peter and Nancy said...

I love the pictures -- he is such an adorable boy! His dad could not look any prouder or happier.

We had dinner with Michele, Todd and Ahly last night and were talking about your Vietnam adventure . . . watch your step for the rest of the trip!
Nancy (Anya Rashi's mama)

Julie & Patrick said...

Did I notice a dimple in one of Drew's latest photos? How cute.

So excited that your trip has been such a great adventure...I hope with a little less injury from here on out, Nadra :)

Can't wait for the brothers to be united...I bet they will be buddies!!

Julie R

Anonymous said...

I love the pics; he is so cute. I can't wait to show them to Ian. FYI - had a busy weekend; lots of playing at the park, splash park and McDonald's. Ian got lots of attention from our two nieces. He put one of Amanda's rings on his toe so it would look like my toe ring - but I didn't get a picture. He love pushing the baby stroller around. He is such a good boy!
Bill, Marcia, Amanda and Ian.

Grace said...

Hey Nadra!

The weather there sounds a lot the same as here...hot! Hot! Hot! -107 in Tahlequah today! Also, the market experience might be close to the same as here right now too due to back-to-school shopping and tax free weekend (heehee) Anyway, you are one tough shopper girl! You gotta take the tumbles to get those good bargains ;-) Hang in there!

Love ya!
Grace

Unknown said...

Nadra, Just happened to check your blog today and was SO happy to see pictures of you and Charlie in Vietnam with Drew. What a cutie!!! I'm so glad you finally have your little guy! Congratulations!
Jill (Sam, Noah, and Grace's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing more good news! So you don't feel alone, there is a part of my knee on a step in Kremenchuk, Ukraine. And our favorite toys before coming home - multiple sizes of water bottles. Brings back some good memories for me. Can't wait to for you to get the paperwork all done.