Friday, August 8, 2008

Last Post From Vietnam


Today is the day....the day we leave the country of Drew's birth. It's kind of bittersweet. But, we're ready to come home and begin our lives as a family of four. Wow...that sounds kind of odd when I say it out loud. I'm going to be the mom of "boys"....plural. Wow.


We've had a great journey. At times, I thought we'd never get here. But, I knew that we were working with one of the best agencies...if not THE best...in Vietnam. Jynger, Katie and Mary Anne all held my hand, listened to me cry, try to calm me when I was angry and celebrated the victories with us. I'll never, ever forget that 11:15pm phone call from Jynger when we finally received our pre-approval. The Dillon staff on the US side is great....and so are the staff in Vietnam. They have made everything so easy for us.


It's amazing the people God puts in your lives through an adoption journey. We have met so many friends through both of our adoptions....life long friends. We were blessed to travel with the Borski's to India and this time we traveled with the Perkins. Both of these families will ALWAYS have special places in our hearts and families.


I'd be remiss if I didn't mention our great friends Marcia and Bill. They have taken amazing care of our sweet Ian while we have been gone. We can never repay them for the love and comfort they have given him during this time. We are so very thankful for them.


So....here we go. Little Drew is taking a nap and we're almost packed. We a few little things to do. Loc is picking us up at 3:30pm, so the time will get away from us.


Thanks for following our time in Vietnam. Next post.....from HOME!


11 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe it is time, Nadra!!! I got the email about the early morning arrival, and I'm not gonna lie and tell you it is totally possible for me to get out the door with everyone. But, I'll try...... Maybe I'll see you at the airport, otherwise we'll catch up later.

Fenwick 5 said...

Well it's great to hear that you are coming home,can't wait to read your "at home" post.I know you are both so happy to bring home your new son to his wonderful brother,so precious. Gidget

Kristi W. said...

Have a safe trip home! Looking forward to hearing about Drew and Ian's first meeting!

:) Kristi W.

Julie said...

Have a safe trip home. It's been an amazing trip to follow along. So happy to know Drew is finally on his way home.

Jessica said...

Thank you for sahring your journey! Have a happy and safe trip home! We are so happy for you guys!

Pam said...

Praying for your trip!! Can't wait to hear you are home safely!
HUGS!

Heather M. said...

Thanks for letting us follow in your journey to Vietnam! I can't wait to see your two boys together!

Heather M.

Nicki said...

Woo Hoo! You are DONE!!! I really enjoyed following along. Take time, settle in and find a new normal. I can tell by the smiles on your faces you are bursting with joy.

Thank you for taking Joseph his things from us. It means the world to me.

Nicki

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

I have enjoyed following your journey so much, Nadra! Drew is a beautiful little boy and I am so happy that he is finally with his family!

Willis said...

Yeah! I'm so thrilled to see it all become reality for you! Drew is absolutely the most beautiful boy from Ninh Thuah. . .well except for Rocco. I'm not partial though :) You have a beautiful family and I'm happy for you!

Heather W.

The Hills said...

Praying for safe travel and favor. Thank you for sharing your journey.
God bless you,
Scarlett