Tuesday, July 22, 2008

7 Days Until "Meetcha Day"

One more week...just 7 days....a mere 168 hours (more or less)....10,080 minutes...604,800 seconds....UNTIL WE FINALLY GET TO HOLD OUR PRECIOUS DREW!!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

We're almost completely packed. Visas and tickets are in hand. Paperwork will be copied tomorrow. Arrangements for Ian are taken are of. Pets are taken care of. Just the last minute rushing around trying to remember everything we need to do. It was easier when we went to India....we didn't leave a child behind. That's tearing at my gut. I know we're making the right decision for our family and I know he'll have a great time at Marcia and Bill's...but it's breaking my heart to leave him.

We had our travel meeting with Jynger on Monday. Can I just tell you how much we love Jynger? I love me some Jynger. She walked us through our entire trip, talked to us about possible delays or hiccups (she doesn't anticipate any, but likes to prepare families just in case), and tried to calm any last minutes fears we had.

We arrive in HCM on Monday morning and leave for Ninh Thuan on Tuesday morning. We'll get to meet Drew later on Tuesday. We'll get to spend some more time with him on Wednesday and then on Thursday, July 31st he becomes ours forever. Wow. I still can't believe it's finally happening.

Please pray for us as we get ready to make this journey. Specifically, pray for peace when we leave Ian behind, pray for safe and uneventful travel, pray for smooth transitions with Drew, pray for our health while were gone, pray for Marcia and Bill as they take care of our special little munchkin, pray for Ian to understand that mommy and daddy will be home soon and pray for the remainder of the process in Vietnam to go smoothly (no delays or hiccups). God has been faithful...and while I'll never understand why we had to wait so long to get Drew...someday God will let us know. Through all of this one thing we know for sure....God did answer our prayers....we're leaving in 5 days, traveling around the world to bring our second son home...the son God had picked out especially for our family...we prayed for this child and God answered. Praise His Name!

15 comments:

Pam said...

Sniff sniff!! Praising God with you!! {{{HUGS}}} Can't wait to see you holding that precious little cutie!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Nadra!! This is so, so exciting! Can't wait to read about your travels and meeting Drew for the first time! I'm sending lots of prayers your way.

Anonymous said...

Nadra:
I am so excited for you!!!I will be praying for safe travels and for the smoothest adoption the rest of the way.You've had enough waiting.Could you email me at clck2001@fidnet.com I have something I want to ask you.
Leveta

Amanda said...

Ian will have a wonderful time while you are gone. I'm feeling the same apprehension about going to India though. Patrick is staying with the kids but I have to leave them. sniff, sniff.
I'll be watching for all the trip details.

Willis said...

Yeah! Hold on Drew. Your mama and daddy are coming!!!

Laura said...

It IS so hard to leave a little one at home - that was by far the most challenging part of the process for me - but once you get there you'll be so busy with that sweet Drew, and Ian will undoubtedly have a wonderful time without you =). Can't wait to see the FOUR of you together!

The Hills said...

Nadra,
So excited for you!!! Will be following your journey and praying for you all. Hug on Dillon for us!
Scarlett

Jessica said...

I am so excited for you! I can nto wait to see pictures on here of you holding your son!

I agree. Jynger is such a wonderful person. I remember our pre-travel call and she just has a special way of making you feel like everything is going to be ok.

Heather M. said...

Very excited to see you guys finally leaving for VN!!! I know you will have a great trip & Ian will be fine. I hated leaving our boys behind too, but it was definately for the best. They would not have a a great time...they are very high energy. Anywho...I look forward to following your journey! Blog if you can! Heather M.

Unknown said...

Praise the LORD!! I am so excited I haven't got on the computer in a while, and I love logging on to Great news!!!!

Candice said...

Nadra, I am so excited for you...I have chill bumps. :) I will be praying for you and especially on the 31st that you will have a wonderful day!

Candice

lori said...

Just HOO-RAY for you!! This is so exciting! I know it is hard to leave Ian behind, I was crying as I walked out of my house without my boys....but yes, you can do it! Thinking of for the next 48 hours and so looking forward to seeing photos of you holding sweet Drew. HUGS!

Fenwick 5 said...

Hello,I just started following you on your journey to vietnam.We are at #10 on the wait list in search of our daughter from India. Your little boys are so cute.We have 2 boys as well.I hope you have a wonderful trip. Feel free to check out our family page @
www.fantasticfenwickfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you. We will really take good care of Ian and have lots of fun activities planned. We will read the blog every day so he can keep up with what is going on. You know you can't take him on this trip; but there will be lots of fun events for the 4 of you very soon.

Bill, Marcia & Amanda

Susie said...

hey nadra, can't wait to follow your journey and see you united with your baby drew. ian will do fine, because we'll all be praying...did you get the photo album of ella to take with you? hope so! susier