Monday, July 28, 2008

Thirty Three Hours Later.....

AND WE'RE IN VIETNAM!!!!

It's hard to believe we are finally in the country of our baby boy's birth. It's been a long...let me repeat that....LONG trip.

Fairly uneventful. We were delayed in LA for about 90 minutes and thought it was going to be longer, but it wasn't. We made up time in the air and landed in Hong Kong just 10 minutes later than expected. The flight to HCM was great too.

I slept about 10 of the 14 hour flight from LAX to Hong Kong. Charlie said he slept about half of it. I wouldn't know. I know they woke me up to feed me this delicious chicken dish...which I fell asleep eating. We were lucky on the long flight...we had a seat between us so we were able to spread out and relax.

By the time we were getting ready to land in Ho Chi Minh...we were "punch drunk". Although...when we touched down, I couldn't help by cry just a little. We've waited a long time to be here.

Thomas and Trinh picked us up at the airport and brought us to the Rex. It's a beautiful hotel. I hopped in the shower and Charlie is lounging on the bed. We're trying to get our wireless connection to work on our laptop, but I don't have the patience, so I'm downstairs blogging.

Tomorrow is the big day. We'll get to meet Drew for the first time. I CAN'T WAIT. I'm so excited right now.

We're going to venture out in a little while. Hopefully we'll meet up with the Perkins family tonight. If not, we'll see them in the morning.

Still missing Ian like CRAZY. But, he would have had a very hard time with this trip. So glad that we have great friends like Marcia and Bill that are looking after him. We're going to try to call them tomorrow morning before we leave for Ninh Thuan. We leave at 8am...so we will probably try to call sometime between 7:00 and 7:30.

Next post.....after we've met Drew. Wow, that just gave me chills.

Here we come Drew!!!

23 comments:

Leigh said...

So glad you have arrived safely! Can't wait to see you holding that precious boy!!!

NHP said...

OH HAPPY DAY.
I am crying with tears of joy for you all! Seriously.
I look forward to the next post with him in your arms.
Hugs,
Natasha

Sheri said...

I am so happy for you and that you reached Vietnam safely!
I can't wait to see Drew in your arms!
Sheri

Julie said...

You are finally in Vietnam. Such a happy time for you and Charlie. Just think the next time you post you will have seen Drew for the first time. Yeah!!!

Fenwick 5 said...

Glad you got there safe,hope all goes well.I can't even try to imagine what it will be like,all I know is probally such a overwhelming wonderful feeling.HAVE A GREAT TRIP,Gidget

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and Charlie! I cannot believe you are finally in Vietnam. Drew will be in your arms so soon!! Can't wait to see pictures of him!!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

I am so happy to hear that you guys are in VIETNAM!!! You are so close to baby Drew. I am so excited for you. Enjoy Ninh Thuan, it is amazing!

Daniel and Jamie said...

I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see that next post and hear about meeting Drew.

The Labontes said...

So glad you're safe and sound, and so close to your little guy. Can't wait for the next post :)
Kristy

ShelleyR said...

hooray!! That is a tough trip. Glad you are there!!!

Julie & Patrick said...

So long in coming...so excited for you!!

Anticipating your big moment with a smile on my face.

Julie R

Anonymous said...

FYI
Ian is doing great; we have kept him very busy with activities; he misses his mommy and daddy but that is to be expected. He is enjoying the trampoline, swimming and playing with cars/trucks. He sang Happy Birthday to mommy yesterday and drew a picture for her.
We pray for you every day.

Marcia, Bill and Amanda plus Ian

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you arrived safely! So much is ahead of you and I can't wait to read about it! Enjoy Vietnam. It is a beautiful country.

Kristi W. said...

I'm so glad you made it safe to Vietnam!!! Wow!! It's finally here and you are meeting your Drew tomorrow!!! Yahoo!!! I'm praying for a fabulous first meeting with your precious boy.

:) Kristi W.

Anonymous said...

Nadra:
So HAPPY for you!! Can't wait to see those first pictures of Mr.Drew.You have waited SO long and I'm glad to know that you made it safely too.
Leveta

Dianna said...

Rest up today - tomorrow you'll be chasing Drew!

Cindy said...

Definite CHILLS!!! So glad you have had a great trip so far. It won't be long now Mama--Drew will be in YOUR ARMS!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!

I am so excited for you--I just teared up (just a little).

Ian will be fine--And look what he's gonna have when you guys get back--A LITTLE BROTHER!!!

AWESOME.

lori said...

So cool!! Tomorrow is the big day - I can not wait to hear about it!! So excited for you!!!!!!

Grace said...

I love it...you're in Vietnam!!!! God is sooo faithful!!! Soak up every last minute of every day. What wonderful memories you are making and the best is yet to come! I'll be checking daily for more wondeful news. Please remember the prayers are going up as you meet precious Drew for the first time and as you begin the transition process together. What a glorius day! Praying for sweet little Ian too!

Love and prayers,
Grace

Willis said...

Thankful that you are finally there! Wasn't it a sight seeing the "Dillon" sign at the airport. That was one of my favorites. It made it seem for real when Thomas met us there. I was THRILLED. Just wait until tomorrow. Nothing compares to meeting your fella for the first time and holding his face next to yours!
Heather (Rocco's mom)

Nicki said...

Nadra, you deserve to be so excited! I hope Drew comes to you and lets you hug all over him. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of him in your arms and seeing your smile.

Nicole
PS, Say hi to Vinh for us!

@nnie said...

chillbumps on my arms and tears in my eyes. I can't wait to hear about Drew.

Blessings!!!!

Pam said...

Ok! I've checked this about a million times waiting for the post with you holding Drew! I can't wait!!! I'm so excited!!! ;o)