Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finally....We've Held Our Son

What a glorious day. The 7 hour drive from Ho Chi Minh was long. But, everything about this process has been long.

We arrived in Ninh Thuan about 2:45pm this afternoon. We checked into this BEAUTIFUL resort hotel, freshened up at bit and left for the center at 3:30pm. We arrived there just a few minutes later (about 10 minutes I think). When we drove up, we looked around and there was sweet Layne Nhi coming out to meet her mommy and daddy.

We got out of the van, looked up and there was Joseph (Vinh) and Dillon standing looking over the railing. Then out of the no where came this BEAUTIFUL little guy peering through the railing. That was him...our Drew. What a doll. I tried not to cry, but those who know me realize that was an impossible task. I turned to Charlie and said "I'm going up". So, we quickly climbed the stairs and there he was.

Oh my goodness....there he was. He didn't quite know what to think of us at that moment. But, he did come to me and let me kiss on him. I've waited 10 long months to kiss that sweet face. Finally...I literally mean...finally I asked Charlie if he wanted to hold him. I think I was being a bit selfish. What a sweet thing to see....Daddy and his new son.

He is walking...almost running...every where. When he wants to go....he goes. I think we're going to have our hands full. It was dinner time for the kiddos, but Drew was more interested in everything going on around him. They practically had to chase him down to get him to eat his small bowl of congee.

We finally got to see him laugh. Charlie...of course...made him laugh. He has the cutest dimples and 8 teeth that I could count. Cute, cute, cute.

Ninh Thuan mommies....we loved on your kiddos while we were there. We'll get to see them again tomorrow and take them their goodies. Nikki....I might just pack Joseph up and bring him home with me...he is ADORABLE.....he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES bubbles.

Julie...I'll send you an email. Lots to tell you about Bennett. Scarlett...same thing.

We're having difficulty with our wireless connection and therefore difficulty posting pictures (sorry). Hopefully we can get it figured out soon.

Amazing day and we're so thankful that we have finally met baby Drew.

Ian...mommy and daddy miss you bunch and we told your little brother all about you today.

More as we get a chance and hopefully pictures soon.

31 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, Nadra, I'm so happy for you! I'm all teary!

Julie & Patrick said...

What a wonderful day!! It makes me all goose bumpy. So excited for the whole family and can't wait to see pictures!

:) Julie R

Todd and Michele said...

Congrats Conner Family!!!! I am so happy for you guys - your detailed story brought tears to my eyes. I am watching daily for updates.

Michele

ElizabethR said...

So very happy for you!! I know you will treasure all these moments in your heart for the rest of your life.

Betsy -Dillon Forum

Anonymous said...

Nadra:
I couldn't wait to get on the computer this a.m. and hear all about Drew.I am so happy for you all!Can't wait to see the pictures!
A big CONGRATS from the Ray family!
Leveta

kristin said...

so happy! congratulations! :)

The Labontes said...

Aahh, Mommies and Daddies meeing their babies. Can't beat it. I've got a lump in my throat and I'm sooo happy for you!

Kristy

Daniel and Jamie said...

I loved reading about your first sweet moments with Drew. What a happy day!

Grace said...

You painted a beautiful picture of the day with words, but we still can't wait for pictures! I remember those first time feelings with Jadyn...I've been thinking about that the last day or two since you left. What precious memories we will always have from those days.

It's so sweet that Charlie made Drew laugh! I bet he will be so excited to see you guys come back.
Okay... we will be waiting on the edge of our seats for pictures of you with Drew.

Kim said...

So great to hear you have now held your son!

Congratulations!

Can't wait to see pictures of Drew and his mommy & daddy!

Pam said...

Congratulations Nadra & Charlie!!! I can't wait to see pictures! What a great description of your day!! Takes me back a year and a half! ;)HUGS!

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

There just aren't words to express my joy. This has been such a long time coming.

YOU MET DREW!! HOORAY!!

lori said...

This is so, so great. Congratulations!! I am so glad Drew is smiling at you already :) He has been waiting for his mom and dad!!

Kristi W. said...

What a glorious day!!! I loved your description and it made me teary, too. I'm so happy that you met your sweet Drew and I'm with everyone else - bring on the pictures!!!! :)

Kristi W.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it finally happened!! I am thrilled for all of you. Can't wait to see him and Ian together.
Love and prayers,
Terry

Anonymous said...

Oh I am sitting here with tears in my eyes! I am just so happy for you. Enjoy this special time!

Anonymous said...

We are so very excited for you. I will pass along the good news to Ian. He is such a joy and is doing great. We look forward to seeing pictures.
Sounds so exciting and was so long in coming.
Bill, Marcia, Amanda and Ian

Unknown said...

Nadra, Charlie, and Ian - We are so happy for you. Drew is adorable. We can't wait to see him when you get home. CCA Research girls :)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! It gives me goosebumps too. I remember that time of first sight & hold. And 8 teeth! My gosh. I'm thinkin' of you, thinkin' of you.

Leslie

Unknown said...

Nadra and Charlie -
Crying tears of joy for you today! I am SO thankful you made it safely and got to hold your precious son. I can't wait to see pictures!

Sheri said...

Congratulations Charlie and Nadra!!
I am so happy for all of you. I am so looking forward to seeing Drew in his Mommy and Daddy's arms!
Sheri

Julie said...

We are thrilled for you guys. The long wait is finally over!!!

And thank you so much for the tidbit on Bennett. It just made our day :-)

Laura said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!

Heather M. said...

Oh you're killing me!! I can hardly wait to see pictures! I know he is more adorable in person than in pictures! We're praying for a smooth transition for all of you!

Heather M.

Cindy said...

I'm so happy for you Nadra!! Don't feel selfish!! He's your baby boy--love on him LOTS and LOTS. I'm sure Daddy understands.

Love and prayers to you guys in Vietnam and to Ian too!!

Deb said...

It's your BFITWWW..me..saying I just cried reading that..congratulations to you and Charlie and Ian and of course little Drew....I love you

me

Nicki said...

Ohhh! How wonderful he came to you, smiled and laughed. The long wait is OVER!!! I am anxiously waiting for pictures of his smile.

Please do bring Joseph home! It will save a lot of time!

Thanks for loving on him.
Nicki

Peter and Nancy said...

At last! We are thrilled for your family of FOUR. :o) There's nothing like seeing that little face in person, and recognizing him instantly. God bless you as you get to know each other.
-- Nancy (Anya Rashi's mama)

www.beyond blessed.com said...

I am so happy for you! Looking forward to pictures.

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you, this has been so long coming Praise be to God who is always faithful!!!

Nancy and Jack said...

We are so excited for you all. I am so happy you got to finally meet little Drew. I have tears just reading. We can not wait to meet him