Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's Almost Time

Today is the day. We leave in a few hours to begin our LONG trek to Vietnam. We still can't believe this day has finally come. We have a few last minute things to do, but for the most part we're ready.

I think once we're in the air I'll be fine, but right now I have this huge knot in the pit of my stomach. It's not about the flights, not about traveling at all....it's all about leaving Ian. I KNOW he'll be fine. Marcia and Bill have a lot of fun things planned for him. But, it's still hard to leave my baby.

Our journey has been long and full of ups and downs. In a few short days we'll get to hold our sweet Drew. Charlie and I kept saying "I can't believe it's finally time"....all day yesterday. Little Drew has no idea what's about to happen. He's perfectly content in the orphanage with the nannies and other kiddos around. While we're excited beyond belief, his little world is getting ready to turn upside down. He's getting ready to leave what he's known his entire life and go with this people that smell different, are bigger than he's ever seen before, talk different and can't stop smiling. I can't imagine what will go through his little mind. But, we'll love him through the transition and before long he'll adjust.

We have had a HUGE support system through this journey and we can't thank you enough. So many of you have laughed with us, cried with us and rejoiced with us. Our journey TO Drew is just about over and our journey WITH Drew is about to begin.

We plan to update the blog as much as possible while we're gone. I think the Internet connection in Ninh Thuan may be a little sketchy, but we should be fine in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi. We'll post our return flight information as it gets closer to our return.

Please continue to pray for us. The next time we post will probably be from Vietnam

16 comments:

Heather said...

Godspeed Nadra and Charlie! I'm soooo happy for you that you are finally on your way. I know that you will do a great job of helping Drew through the transitions.

Fenwick 5 said...

So excited for you.When we leave for India,I know I will have a pit in my stomach,leaving our boys,but they will be fine together .And considering I have never flown before, and my husband hasn't flown since he was little! I hope your trip is great.I can't imagine what you are feeling.Best Wishes for you all Gidget
www.fantasticfenwickfamily.blogspot.com

The Labontes said...

Safe trips to all! We'll be praying for a smooth transition for Drew and his forever family.

Nadra, we called my kiddos once from India and all Myles said was, "hi mom, I'm gonna hang up on you now." And he did. THey missed us so much ;)

Kristy

Pam said...

Yeah! I can't wait to follow your Veitnam adventures....;o) Hugs to you as you become a family of FOUR! Praising the Lord with you!

Grace said...

Nadra,

I know it must be a day of such mixed emotions for you, but just remember that God's timing is perfect and he has appointed this wonderful, special time for your family. He has everything ready and is orchestrating everything perfectly. He is holding Ian and Drew,on opposite sides of the world, in the palm of his hand. Wow! What a big and awesome God we serve!
We love you guys, and we are holding you up in prayer daily as you embark on this exciting journey.

Love ya!
Grace

Beth said...

Praying for safe travels and for Ian while you are gone. We're so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your whole family together!!

Julie said...

Today is the BIG day. We are so excited for you guys. I wish you safe travels and peace during the next few days. Lots of changes for everyone but know we are all thinking about the Conner Family of 4!!!!

Kim said...

God bless you on this wonderful journey. Can't wait to see you with your darling Drew.

Willis said...

I can hardly wait to see pictures of you and Drew together!!

Heather

Jessica said...

Have a safe and happy trip! We aare thrilled for you and will be praying for you!

Leigh said...

I'm praying and wishing you well for the trip and meeting. I will be SO thrilled to see you holding baby Drew, and so comforted to know that he has his forever family!!

Happy trails to you.....

Peace,

Leigh

Anonymous said...

Nadra & Charlie -
We're thinking of you and will have you in our prayers. Ian was such a good boy this evening - fell asleep in a big chair watching Bob the Builder. He played HiHo Cherrio with Nicky and Amanda & really enjoyed all our toy cars. Who knew a 3-year old could identify his cars so well!
Best of luck in these final stages of the process.

Dianna said...

Safe travels Nadra and Charlie! I will be thinking of you both...and of course, little Ian - who is probably being spoiled rotten right about now by your friends :)

Heather M. said...

Woo Hoo!! The day has Come!! I will be stalking your blog daily until I see you holding little Drew!!! Have a great trip!

Heather M.

Amanda said...

I'm so excited. Can't wait to see the sweet boy in Mommy and Daddy's arms. Reminds me of "watching" when you picked up Ian. Where has the time gone.

The Hills said...

Whoo Hoo!! SO Excited for you!! Praying for you and your family!!
Scarlett