Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Still No Pics (sorry)...but more Drew!!

I think...nope I know...God has blessed us with the two most beautiful boys in the world.

For highlights of the day so far...

We woke up to a freezing cold room...I got a little carried away with the thermostat last night. But, hey...it was fun snuggling with Charlie without a kiddo between us :) I showered first...giving myself plenty of time. Charlie was shaving while I was heating my flat iron. Pop, snap, smoke coming from the adapter.....ooops. So, I called the front desk and told them that we had no power...no lights...no electricity. "Ok...we take care". Two seconds later there was a knock at the door and this very sweet lady from housekeeping there with more TOWELS for us. What...I need air conditioning...not to mention my flat iron. So we head out for breakfast, stop at the front desk to explain again...and she said "call housekeeping". I looked at Charlie and we just laughed, thinking we'd go back to our room with more towels.

Nice breakfast over looking the ocean. We met up with Phoung at breakfast and told her our dilemma. She said she'd take care of it. So, we go back to the room and in just a few minutes there was someone there to take care of it. I blew a breaker.

We're having computer issues, so Charlie thinks we might try dial up. He gets the phone cord out of the bag and straightens it out and then...pop...the end came off.

We have to laugh at all of this. We're really fine and having a great time.

Now for the good stuff. We went to the center again this morning around 9:00am. We took the scenic route this morning...which was great. We drove by the hospital where Layne Nhi (the Perkins little girl) was born. When we got to the center, some of the kids were standing on the balcony. Shortly after...there was Drew.

He's just so stinkin' cute. Some things we've learned about him in the 3 short hours we've spent with him....the first thing being we've been saying his name incorrectly....Quang....sounds like Quack...Quang. He's a very determined child....he's very mobile and very fast....he loves his nanny and the feeling is mutual....they have to chase him to get him to eat.....and he loves to put on my glasses and crinkle his nose up. He and Charlie played peek a boo today and he ran to Charlie with his little arms up. What a sweet moment.

This afternoon Charlie and I are going on a tour of the Cham Towers and the pottery place (forgot the name). Then we're going to get a massage...a FIVE DOLLAR massage. I can't wait.

Tomorrow morning we head to the center at 8:00am. Our Giving and Receiving Ceremony is at 9:00am and then we'll go back to Ho Chi Minh.

I PROMISE....I'LL POST PICTURES WHEN WE GET TO HO CHI MINH.

Talked to Ian briefly today...."Hi mommy....love you"...then he's off to find Bill. Marcia said he's doing great. We miss him terribly and we can't wait for him to meet his brother.

More tomorrow....hopefully....after we get back to Ho Chi Minh!!!

Thanks for the comments....keep em coming!

Love to all!!!

21 comments:

Kristi W. said...

Sounds like you all are having a great time, despite a few kinks! You are travel pros by now though. I hope tomorrow is everything you dreamed it would be and more!! Can't wait for those pics...

:) Kristi

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pics of you and Drew!! I am so excited and happy for you!

Jen
Waiting for Trung in NT

Amy said...

I am loving following your trip. So glad to hear you are having a great time. Is Ninh Thuan the best or what?
Amy in Ga

Pam said...

Loving your posts! Can't wait to see pictures!! Enjoy every second of your G&R! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Hugs!

Julie said...

Love reading the post each morning. I think we're just all dying to see pictures of Drew :-)

Dianna said...

Ha! You travel all the way around the world, only to be foiled by a flat iron :) Don't worry - after a couple of days, your hair won't have any resemblance to your normal style anyway!

Can't wait to see pictures of Drew. Enjoy your time in NT!

Todd and Michele said...

Love following your daily activities on your journey. Can't wait to see pics of Drew! Thanks for taking the time to keep us all informed :)

Michele

Stephanie said...

Thinking of you guys and enjoying your posts - I to am very anxious to see pics. Enjoy tomorrow and safe travels back to Ho Chi Min. Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Nadra and Charlie,

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11. I am SO excited for you. The one thing that I know God has blessed me as, is a good mother. I know that the timing for you to have Ian and Drew is now, and look forward to hearing about them for years to come. Even though we do not often see you, I love you my friends.
Peggy Nichols

Tracy said...

Nadra!
You have such a positive attitude!! Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us. I pray that everything continues to go well for you! I can't wait to see pictures!

Tracy
Dillon Forum

Jessica said...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of all the time you are getting to spend there!

So, did Charlie get offered any "extra services" with his massage? We both got massages there at the hotel in NT but Michael got offered a LOT more than I did if you know what I mean!!! Of course he declined that offer lol.

Can't wait to see those pictures! I know what you mean about the wierd internet there.

Heather said...

So glad all is well. Drew sounds adorable and I hope to meet him soon. Post pictures as soon as you get to HCMC - we're all dying here! :)

Laura said...

I'm so glad that you're getting to know Drew and seeing so much of Ninh Thuan - we just loved the Cham towers and pottery village! Have fun, with or without the flat iron =)!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the call last night; even though Ian didn't talk long; he really smiled hearing your voice. I talked to him about the details you gave me about Drew. He's doing great; and he great buddies with Bill. We are praying for a smooth transition as Drew leaves the orphanage and you start your travels again. Looking forward to seeing pics.
Ian is blowing you kisses each day.
Bill, Marcia, Amanda and Ian

ShelleyR said...

I'm so happy to hear of you and Charlie and Drew getting to know each other! What memories you are making! Really looking forward to seeing your hairstyle sans flat iron! ha

Julie & Patrick said...

How disappointing...we have to wait it out another day for pics...sigh

Your trip sounds like such a fun adventure and I am so happy for you that Drew seems to be enjoying meeting you as much as you him.

Julie R

NHP said...

I know you are having a great time... and extra towels are always handy : ) You've got to have a great attitude when traveling abroad!
I am so looking forward to pictures of your precious little man. I am sure he is a doll and sounds like he is connecting well with both of you.
Enjoy site-seeing.

The Lord is your portion (Lamentations 3:22- 26)
See you soon
Natasha

Kim said...

That is so funny about the power! Love the communication issues over there....they are so sweet about it. I can't wait to see pictures!!!

angie tucker said...

Hey Nadra & Charlie! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Hope the computer cooperates...I'm dying to see new pics!

Love You Guys,

Angie

Nicki said...

I am really enjoying your updates. Sorry about the flat iron but the humidity will ruin any style you wear anyway. The time you save on not styling your hair you can spend with Drew! Looking forward to hear about the sightseeing, the massage and of course, seeing Drew!

Nicki - mom to the "bubbly" Vinh

Cindy said...

Sounds like you are making the most of what could be bad situations. Good for you!!

So happy you are with your Drew some and tomorrow is FOREVER DAY!!

YAY!!!!!